With our idea consultancy, we aim to support the creative potential of startups and offer them the opportunity to clarify questions about intellectual property (IP) in personal discussion with us.
Protecting intellectual property
Intellectual property (IP) covers a wide range of intangible assets such as inventions, names, designs, copyrights, and trade secrets. Needless to say, intellectual property is a particularly important part of a startup’s company capital. Properly protecting this capital can make a major contribution to the long-term success of your business.
Trademark for startups
Launching a startup involves accounting for the many aspects of trademark law. While it may feel like an endless list of requirements at first, we break down the topic of trademark protection into bite-sized topics to tackle one by one. Our idea consultancy helps entrepreneurs get to grips with trademark for startups by addressing the following questions:
- How do I choose a name or a logo for my company or my product?
- Can I protect the name or the logo?
- How do I protect the name of my firm or my product in such a way that the widest possible scope of protection is achieved, and competitors are inhibited from copying or imitating the name?
- I know a company that uses a similar name. What should I do?
- How much does a trademark registration cost?
Patent and utility model law for startups
With the development team hard at work, it’s only a matter of time before a startup comes up with an invention. Once intellectual property has been created, the next step involves looking into patents and utility models. Get all the legal advice you require from a startup patent attorney. We answer questions, such as:
- Did I make an invention? Can I protect it?
- What is the difference between a patent and a utility model? Which one should I choose?
- What are the costs involved?
Design law for startups
Intellectual property, patents, trademark protection and copyrights. With so many protection options available, it isn’t always easy to determine which is the best for your invention. Either way, it’s important to protect your designs and trade secrets, which is something we look at by addressing the questions below during our idea consultancy.
- What is a design? Is it an alternative to patents and utility models, or a reasonable addition to their scope of protection?
- What options of protection are available?
WIPANO and further funding opportunities for startups
Not sure where to start when it comes to raising capital to fund your startup ambitions? Register for our idea consultancy to learn all about the available funding options, including government grants. During the consultancy sessions, we cover the following questions:
- What funding options exist for registering intellectual property rights?
- Which conditions do I have to fulfil?
- I heard about WIPANO. What do I have to do to receive a corresponding funding?
Individual consulting for your startup
In addition to answering general questions, our idea consultancy shall allow a discussion of specific issues with individual advice. This is the reason why we allocate 45 minutes for each appointment for a very affordable fee of € 100.
Our colleagues Karin and Thorsten are responsible for our idea consultancy. In addition to their passion for innovation, they have vast experience in successfully supporting startup companies. They are particularly familiar with funding opportunities, especially the WIPANO program, and have been working with the Chambers of Commerce in this regard for a long time. WIPANO stands for knowledge and technology transfer through patents and standards of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action and allows a funding rate of up to 50% of eligible expenditure.
Our idea consultancy is every
third Tuesday of the month from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.The next dates are:
- October 17, 2023
- November 21, 2023
- December 19, 2023
Feel free to register at +49 40 30997970 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can also conduct the appointment via video conference. Feel free to contact us!
We look forward to your creative ideas!